- Current: Research Assistant, Office of the Provost, George Mason University
- Research Assistant, Moore Center for Science, Conservation International
- Science Fellow, Stop Seafood Fraud campaign, Oceana
- Protected Areas Intern, Conservation Science Program, World Wildlife Fund
- GIS Intern, Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute
- Consultant, H. John Heinz III Center for Science, Economics, and the Environment
- Snore and Roar Host, Smithsonian National Zoo
- Biological Field Technician and Student Conservation Association volunteer, Yellowstone National Park
- Golden Kroner, R. E., Krithivasan, R. K., and Mascia, M.B. 2016. Effects of protected area downsizing on habitat fragmentation in Yosemite National Park (USA), 1864 – 2014. Ecology and Society 21(3):22. Link.
- Golden Kroner, R.E. 2016. Media Coverage of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge Drilling Controversy. Journal of Mason Graduate Research. 3(2):52-70. Link.
- Tesfaw, A., Pfaff, A., Golden Kroner, R. E., Medeiros, R., and Mascia, M. Protected areas are not forever: risks and impacts of reversing protection.
- Golden Kroner, R. E., Krithivasan, R., and Mascia, M. Protected area downgrading, downsizing, and degazettement in the United States, 1900 – 2016.
Web-Based Mapping Projects
- PADDDtracker.org – interactive map displaying instances of protected area downgrading, downsizing, and degazettement (PADDD) worldwide.
- Project role: Contributed hundreds of data points and conducted analyses. Currently managing social media accounts for PADDDtracker. Provide ongoing support to PADDD data managers.
- Seafood Fraud Map – interactive map displaying instances of seafood fraud worldwide.
- International Congress for Conservation Biology, Workshop co-organizer and facilitator: “Protected area downgrading, downsizing, and degazettement (PADDD): science and policy implications”; Poster: “Visualizing protected area legal changes and development dynamics in Amazonia”
- American Association for Geographers (AAG), Session co-organizer and presenter: “Protected areas and beyond: amplification, abandonment, and impacts of conservation interventions”
- IUCN World Conservation Congress, presentation and workshop panelist: “PADDD in the United States” and side-event presentation: “PADDDtracker mini-training”
- George Mason University, speed talk at departmental seminar: “What happens when we lose protected areas?”
- Conservation International, brownbag: “What happens when we lose protected areas? Developing an impact evaluation to assess protected area downgrading, downsizing, and degazettement (PADDD) in Brazil and Cambodia”
- Mason Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference: “Media coverage of proposed oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge”
- IUCN World Parks Congress, speed presentation and e-poster: “PADDDtracker.org: Engaging the public in protected area policy”
- International Congress for Conservation Biology, speed presentation: “Protected Area Downgrading, Downsizing, and Degazettement in Yosemite National Park in the Sierra Nevadas”
- Student Conference for Conservation Scientists, full presentation: “Protected Area Downgrading, Downsizing, and Degazettement in North America”
- George Wright Society Conference on Parks, Protected Areas, and Cultural Sites, poster: “Protected Area Downgrading, Downsizing, and Degazettement in Yosemite National Park”
Teaching and Training Experience
- George Mason University: Teaching Assistant for Fundamentals of Ecology and Evolution
- University of Maryland: Teaching Assistant for Conservation Biology, Introduction to Environmental Science, Introduction to Environmental Policy, Capstone in Environmental Science and Policy, Calculus II for the Life Sciences
- Oceana: designed and delivered workshop “Google Maps Engine 101”
Leadership and Professional Memberships
- Chair, Communication Committee, International Congress for Conservation Biology 2017
- President, George Mason University Environmental Science and Policy Graduate Student Association
- Member, Society for Conservation Biology DC Chapter
- Member, Society for Conservation Biology
- Member, Graduate Women in Science
- Member, Society for Conservation GIS
- Member, IUCN/World Commission of Protected Areas, Young Protected Area Professionals
- Member, George Wright Society
- Member, Association for American Geographers
- Managing Expectations for the Paris Climate Conference and Beyond. New Security Beat, a blog of the Environmental Change and Security Program of the Woodrow Wilson Center, October 2015.
- Book review: The God Species: How the Planet can Survive in the Age of Humans. George Mason University department of Environmental Science and Policy Newsletter, Fall 2014.
- Want to Know the Safest Way to Eat Seafood? With Traceability. Greener Ideal blog, 2014.
- Oceana launches global seafood fraud map. The Beacon, Oceana, 2014
- Uncovering Shrimp Seafood Fraud: Diaries from the Field Part 1. The Beacon, Oceana, 2014.
- Uncovering Shrimp Seafood Fraud: Diaries from the Field Part 2. The Beacon, Oceana, 2014.